Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I'm An Independant Woman

Before I met my husband I was out there working and earning a respectable living of my own. I did not rely upon anyone else, but myself. :)

After my marriage ended, I was determined to do pretty much the same thing. I wanted to get out there and make my own living. I began by going back to full-time education and I brushed up on many of the skills I already had prior to me giving up work to bring up my family. I made certain that before returning to work I had most of the current office skills needed to do a similar type of job to what I was doing prior to me leaving. Modern technology is changing all of the time so I advise everyone to keep in touch with all of the changes if you are thinking about giving up your jobs temporarily to take care of the children and particularly if you have plans to return to work one day.

I have never relied upon any man and I've always been pretty much my own person. Even when the children were younger I was usually the one who organized the whole family. I was the social secretary so to speak, the person who made most of the social arrangements outside of work. My ex husband worked hard, but then again so did I. :)

As I mentioned previously, I've always been pretty much an independent woman taking care of myself much of the time prior to me having a family. Once married and the children arrived, then it was great having the extra help from my then husband. I think children always need two parents to help take care of them because it would be very difficult doing it all on your own. They also need an even balance from two loving parents. I wouldn't like to take the credit for it all and I am also fully aware that not everyone is fortunate enough to have had two parents around them during their childhood....it's a sad fact.

Separation and then divorce was tough on the whole family, however we didn't divorce when the children were terribly young and they still have two loving and doting parents even now. They also have lots of members of their extended family who dote on them too. :)

I first left home at the age of 19yrs old, just for a few years. I was far too young to have left on a permanent basis. I then left home again at the age of 24 yrs old and I've been pretty much an independent woman ever since. :)




SmileyRose  x

No comments: