Sunday, May 15, 2011

What are your religious views? Do you believe in a religion?

I most certainly believe in religion. I have some religious views. I am a firm believer that one should not discuss their religious views over the internet nor should folk fall out over religion. Everyone should be entitled to have their own beliefs but they shouldn't fall out if someone else doesn't share those same beliefs. Religion has caused many folk to fall out unnecessarily over the years. It is indeed the reason why I much prefer not to discuss religion in too much detail. I have always been one of those folk who are open to listen to other folk’s religious points of view though. Heck! I once invited Jehovah witness folk into my home for a pot of tea and I listened. A Mormon gentleman once gave me a small bible to read. He knew that I wasn't a Mormon however he was willing to share his beliefs with me. I don't mind listening to other folk telling me about their beliefs as I have had friends who are of all different religions. Just as long as someone doesn't try to sway me from my own beliefs then I don't really have a problem with it.

I don't really care what religion anyone else is, just as long as they are respectful of me. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As you said earlier, people should just agree to differ and not worry about someone elses beliefs but their own.

Frances R. A. Napper said...

I think there would be less falling out if folk did that.

I was once invited to be a bridesmaid for a couple who practiced the Greek orthodox religion. I was happy to do so and they have remained friends for a good number of years. In fact I visited Cyprus not all that long ago and I went to visit them too...along with another Cypriot friend whom I've known for a great number of years. :)

God Fearing Man said...

Yeah but you're not a greek orthodox so how could you be bridesmaid for someone else who practices another religion?

Frances R. A. Napper said...

Quite easily! I am respectful of other folks religions and I was honoured to be their bridesmaid when I was asked. :)