Friday, July 29, 2011

Do you have a special memory of someone being nice to you when you were an adult?

Of course I have lots special memories. :)

A number of the folk I have associated with have often been very nice to me. You may get just the one or two folk who aren't very nice, however when you consider how many folk I have known during all of my years as an adult who have all been nice to me, then there are relatively a small amount of folk who have behaved abysmally and they're not even worth mentioning. :)

The nice things folks have done?...there are far too many to mention.:)

I'll name just one or two.:) I once worked in a factory making underwear for M&S shortly after leaving school. I worked hard during the day whilst I studied at evening classes when I attended a local college in Stamford. There was this guy whom I didn't know terribly well and he very kindly placed some flowers in a small bottle at my work station one morning just before I started work. I'm unsure why he did this but the gesture was very sweet and I've never forgotten him or how good he made me feel that morning.:)

When I worked at a Stamford hotel as a receptionist a number of years ago I remember a lady customer who went away on a holiday and she brought me back this fabulous handbag as a present. I hardly knew her at all. How sweet was that! :)

When I worked at a Stamford fashion boutique a number of years ago I remember a few of the regular customers who'd often come into the shop and they often had something nice to say to me. Just the little things like complimenting me on the clothes I was wearing or the way I did my hair etc just seemed to make the difference to my day. It made you feel good about yourself. Not enough folk pay compliments these days but when they do it's always welcomed. :)

I have had total strangers buy me chocolates or cups of coffees when I've been at the work place. Or when one of my colleagues offer me sweets/biscuits sometimes. Some folk are just so kind. :)

Many of my friends have done things which have been very sweet over the years. I have too many occasions to mention but I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for cheering me up during my times of need. :)

Sometimes you can just be standing at the bus stop and someone will just chat to you out of the blue. Just having a friendly conversation with someone can make the difference to your day. It can be the simplest of things which can cheer someone up sometimes.

Chatting to someone on the telephone and when they say something sweet to you it can help to make your day. A simple thank you goes down a treat too. :)

Last but not least, my family members have all done things which have been very sweet too...thanks to them for helping to keep my spirits up. One of my favourite years was when we all went out to a family picnic on my birthday. I had the most wonderful time...they were moments to treasure. :)

No comments: