Monday, February 06, 2012

RIP My Dear Friend

Today I learned that a Facebook friend died. They say that sometimes the good die young. I'm in shock. :(

Many of my Facebook friends are not folk I've just met off the internet....they are personal friends who have been known to me for some years. To learn such bad news is completely upsetting and devastating.

This brings back memories of learning about another friend who died only a couple of years ago. You expect to one day receive bad news about someone dying when you're much older. Any time you learn of someone's death is truly devastating but it is even more devastating when you learn of the death of someone at this tender age. Sorry I'm greatly saddened by this news. She was a young Mother and it's the third friend I've lost in recent times...all three of them taken away far too soon. My deepest sympathy go out to the families concerned. God bless all of you x

This friend was a lovely person who made me laugh on many occasions. She was a loving Mother and we shared a number of stories about children. 

We worked together for a few years. We had coffee together. We went to Christmas dos together. We played Trivial Persuit together. She was the mastermind of a poster once given to me with cotton wool inserted instead of belly button fluff (a long and funny story). The last day at work before I married, she and a couple of other colleagues from work surprised me by decorating my office with balloons, toilet rolls and colourful streamers....it was a very sweet thought (scroll down my young years page to see a photo) http://smileyrose.piczo.com/smileyroseyoungdaysandafewfavouritepictures?cr=2&vsrc=preview&linkvar=000044.  There were many occasions when she made me smile.  She will be sadly missed by me. RIP my dear friend. 

Thinking of the Beach Boys song "Help Me Rhonda"...I wish I could have helped you..:(

SmileyRose x

1 comment:

Frances R. A. Napper said...

A very sad and emotional occasion today. I attended Rhonda's funeral service..it was beautiful. I shouldn't think there was a dry eye amoung us. There was a lot of lovely words mentioned. I was so glad to attend and pay my respects. It was comforting to see some old familiar faces again and It's good to be in touch with old friends again. X

I think hearing the two songs she chose to play at her funeral and the floral displays with the word "MUM" was very poignant. Like me...she thought the world of her children.