Monday, March 12, 2012

"Something To Talk About"

I grew up in a small market town. My parents owned a modest sized three bedroom detached family home which they both worked very hard for. They both worked right up until they reached retirement age. My parents were not terribly wealthy. We had a reasonably close family unit. My parents always seemed to get along with most folk and over the years they made a number of friends. We all grew up in the Stamford and Rutland area. My father decided to retire in Stamford after he left the RAF.

My immediate family members have all had a reasonably good education and they have all had very successful careers. None of us have ever been unemployed as we've always worked very hard for a living. We've gone out there and we’ve made it in the big wide world so to speak...with the encouragement of our parents.

I have always worked hard for a living, including bringing up a family of my own.

I have never sold my body in order to make ends meet. I remember a time when I struggled and I worried myself sick about the little things, such as feeding myself.

There were times when I had very little money but I learned to live within my means. I didn't buy things which I could not afford and I was never frivolous with money.

I have never looked at others and envied their lifestyle. I am happy for most folk who have done well in life however sometimes I’ve wished that I could have the same good fortune as they have all had. :) I think this is a pretty normal way of thinking as most of us strive to be better than we already are. I have been very happy with my lot and anything more would a bonus. J

Someone once asked me if I could ever turn to prostitution in order to make a better life for myself. The answer was a very definite "NO." :)

As a young girl I was taught to respect others but I also learnt how to respect myself. A man who only sleeps with a woman for sex is hardly showing her any respect or else he'd be in a relationship with her. Likewise a woman who sleeps with a man purely for monetary gain doesn't respect herself, or her body. If everybody was taught how to respect each other then I'm sure the world would be a much better place to live in. :)

Everyone at some stage in their lives is capable of making lots of money for sexual favours but at the end of the day it is not a respectful way of making a living. Who wants to be rich and lose their self respect at the same time in order to make easy money? Not me! I would much rather make an honest living for myself and then to one day look back and to think about the hard work it took to achieve what I've gained. Isn't that what life is really about...to pass on your life stories to your family and the generations to come?  

If all footballers kicked the ball into the net but they scored without a goal keeper then it wouldn't be much of an achievement with a boring story to tell. However if all footballers played with a little strategy, there were tactics involved in the game and when they aimed for the goal, they score but only after the goal keeper tries to prevent the ball from getting into the net in the first place....wouldn't that be something worthwhile talking about in years to come? ;) Can you see the difference? :o)

Well it does make a difference....if only some folk would only see that. ;)

SmileyRose x

No comments: