Friday, May 18, 2012

I'm A Bit Of A Sentimental Fool Sometimes :)

SmileyRose Words Of Wisdom

I tend to keep a lot of things from my past, usually just a little memento ie., old cards/postcards/photographs etc. Mostly I keep the good momentos and I throw away the bad ones.  

I enjoy looking back sometimes and just reminding myself of some of the good times I have had over the years. 

I am one of those folk who believes in moving forward and I try not to dwell on the past.

There are some occasions when I can't help myself and I have to remind myself about the past. Sometimes our past is what makes us who we are today. Your past is something you can't ignore and no matter how we sometimes try to run away from it, it can soon catch up with us.

The best way to deal with a bad past is to face it, remember it and to then put it to one side and to leave it there.  You will never be able to get rid of it altogether however learning to put it behind you can be half the battle when you're looking to move on with your life. 

Above all try not to let your past get in the way of your future.  You have everything to look forward to so try to forget the bad bits and now move on.

Ps There are always going to be folk who cannot deal with their past because they have suffered from some kind of trauma perhaps.  These folk will always need the help and guidance from the right folk who are trained to help them get over their problems.

SmileyRose x

No comments: