Thursday, June 21, 2012

Mother Tongue: The English Language

I learnt how to speak English when I was a small child. :)  My first ever words were "Mummy" and "Daddy" :)

I went to an English only primary school at the age of 5yrs old. I could read and write a little before I attended school because my Mother helped me a little, just as I helped my own two daughters to read and write before they both began school.  Thinks every child should be able to write their full name at least before they start school.  :)

My first ever book was Janet and John. I remember reading aloud from the book to my parents and to the teachers at school. My first ever teacher was named Mrs Cuthbertson. She was a lovely lady. She chose me to play the Angel Gabriel in a school nativity play.  :)

Someone once asked me "What age did I learn how to speak English?"  They presumed I learned the language as a foreign student. English is my Mother tongue *TUTS*  :o)

SmileyRose x

No comments: