Sunday, June 24, 2012

I Had The Time Of My Life :)

I always used to say that when I marry that I would get married for the right reasons.....for love only. :)
 When I met John I was in my mid 20's. We spent 3 yrs together courting before we finally walked down the aisle together. I married in white because it was the first marriage for both of us. It was about two years later when we both decided to start a family together. Times I shall always cherish. :)

Unfortunatley our marriage did not survive and we divorced 6 years ago.

We have always remained civil to each other and our children have always been our first priority. Even when we were seperated we still enjoyed one or two family outings together until we finally parted and we went our own seperate ways. Neither of us fell straight back into another relationship after our marriage was over.

Our children were older when the marriage finally ended. I do not dislike my ex husband in any way as he was always there for me. He was the love of my life for many years. He gave me the opportunity to spend as much time with the children as possible. I was their full-time Mother.

Being a full-time mother did not mean i sat around watching day time tv all day. Quite the contrary. I mostly did volunteer work at the pre-school in the village we lived at and I gradually worked part time hours as the girls became older.

My ex husband was the main provider for the family and I cherished every single moment I had with the children. I thank my ex husband for giving me that opportunity. :)

Even after divorce our children were not in a tug of war situation. They have always been very stable well adjusted children. They've had family members and close friends around them all of the time because they are completly loved by many. They've been in contact with both of us on a regular basis since the divorce, just the same as it was when we were married.

These days the children are both school leavers and they spend their time either studying or with their friends. I would say that both of them make a joint effort to spend time with either myself or my ex husband whenever possible.

I have friends whose children marry and they go to live in America/Australia etc. I am blessed that presently they both seem rather happy not being too far away from home. We still get
 to have our special hugs together. :)

I feel extremely proud of both of my children because they have both made their father and I extremely proud of them...keep up the good work. ;)

Hmmm if I ever remarried I don't think I would want to marry wearing white again. I'd consider cream or some other colour...but not wearing white. ;)  I think I'd go off to somewhere like Gretna Green and just not tell anyone that I was getting married. LOL I'd surprise eveyone and then I'd probably have a church blessing/ceremony at a later date. :)

SmileyRose x

No comments: