Thursday, July 05, 2012

Life Is Like A Box Of Chocolates...You Never Know What You're Going To Get ;)

Wonders if there is currently a baby boom? There seem to be a number of pregnancies/births recently.

It really surprises me just how many folk can't wait to find out the sex of their child before he/she is born.

I'm the sort of person who tends not to get overly excited at the news of someone else’s pregnancy, particularly if the Mother has made every effort to find out the sex of her child before the baby has actually arrived. Unless there is a medical reason behind it I don't see why folk really want to know the sex of their child before he/she is born.

I usually start to become more interested in the end result more than the actual pregnancy itself. I didn't wish to know the sex of either of my children before they were born. I really wanted the surprise at the end but most of all I really wanted to know both of my children had arrived safely into this world. I remember counting all of their little fingers and toes when I cradled them in my arms and I felt very thankful both girls were healthy babies. :)

Another reason I was put off wanting to know the sex of my baby was because I suffered a miscarriage during a pregnancy between both of my daughters. Due to complications in my third pregnancy I had to have an emergency Caesarean Section when I gave birth to Lauren (my second daughter). I'd carried her for all of those 9 months and I couldn't ever imagine not holding her in my arms for the first time. After having the first miscarriage I was scared to say the least.

You see the sex of my baby didn't really matter to me because I knew that I would love my child no matter what sex she/he turned out to be...it was more to do with desperately wanting both of my children to arrive safely into this world without any hitches so to speak.

Surely finding out the sex of your baby before he/she is born must be a little like unwrapping your Christmas present, before Christmas? ;) :)

I like this quote from the film 'Forest Gump' ....Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get. ;)

Remember, the pregnancy is the easy part...the hardest part comes afterwards. :)


SmileyRose x

No comments: