Sunday, July 15, 2012

"Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World" :o)

My Lovely Day With Catherine Today - "The Flower Duet


I have just had the most wonderful 'Mum & Daughter' day with Catherine....aww why does time always fly by quickly when you're either having fun or rushed off your feet at work. ;)

Our day began at Frankie & Bennie's for lunch. We both ate the most delicious meal...with a pudding as well. I couldn't resist the pancakes. Goodness...it was a huge pudding. :) The venue was heaving with nice families w...ho were all out for a Sunday afternoon lunch. During our meal we were interrupted with two bursts of the 'Happy Birthday' song followed by a quick burst of Cliff Richard singing 'Congratulations'....LOL I sang along too. ;)

After lunch we went to Cineworld to watch the film 'Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World'...which starred the delightful Keira Knightly and Steven Carell. The film was absolutely superb. The film really appealed to me because it was funny, romantic and rather tearful too. The soundtrack was just wonderful. :) I won't be a total spoiler here however the storyline was great...all about an asteroid which nears the earth and the world has days before it ends. Boy neighbour meets girl neighbour. The pair are both getting over failed relationships. Circumstances lead the pair to fall in love and to spend their last days together *Sniffles*...I hope I get to meet a friend for the end of the world too. ;) I won't spoil it any further...however the film was excellent and it was well worth a watch. :)

After we finished watching the film together Catherine and I decided to pop to 'The Ferry Boat' at Holywell for a drink and a short walk together. The weather was glorious this evening. We sat out in the beer garden at the Ferry Boat and I must say...it was very pleasant overlooking the river. The scene was picturesque to say the least. We enjoyed our lovely walk together....it was so relaxing. :)

Here's hoping we get to spend many other days like we did today. It was indeed a very special day. x





"The Flower Duet" ...by  Katherine Jenkins (featuring Kiri Te Kanawa)...this reminds me of my wonderful day with Catherine my daughter today. :)


SmileyRose x

No comments: