Saturday, July 28, 2012

Olympics 2012 - The Opening Ceremony

I sat down this evening to watch the Opening Ceremony of the Olympics 2012. It was fabulous! I really enjoyed watching the event particularly as it was filled with entertainment. Thanks to Slumdog Millionaire director for organizing an outstanding opening ceremony. :)

I particularly enjoyed the tribute to the National Health Service. There were doctors, nurses and patients from the Great Ormond Street Hospital who all took part in the entertainment. Fabulous! ;o)
I also loved the part when 007 James Bond aka Daniel Craig whisked Her Majesty the Queen away from Buckingham Palace to take her to the Opening Ceremony by helicopter...hehe and she dropped in by parachute. ;)  It was terribly funny. 

As for the real Her Majesty the Queen...I loved the peach outfit, she looked very stunning. :)

I also enjoyed Mr Bean's aka Rowan Atkinson's contribution to the programme. As usual he was extremely funny. ;)

There was a great rendition of 1970's and 1980's pop music too. I could almost name every song. Brilliant!!! :)

I then watched all of the olympic contestants from all of the different countries holding up their flags whilst making their grand entrance at the arena.  It was very colourful and fabulous to watch.

The evening ended with a fabulous display of fireworks. Wow! ;o)


SmileyRose x

No comments: