Thursday, July 19, 2012

"Shall We Dance" :)

Aww I think every lady/girl should attend a ball/prom at some stage in their lives...even if it just means you get to wear a beautiful ball gown for the evening. ;)

I'm just thinking back to the very first ball I ever attended. I have been fortunate enough to have been invited to a number of balls over the years.

I wasn't quite as lucky as both of my daughters as they both attended the school prom. We weren't quite as lucky at our school as they never celebrated such functions. It was a great shame really.

Anyway the first ball I ever attended was a Police ball. It was a formal black tie event wherby the dress code required the men to wear a full tuxedo and the ladies had to wear a full floor length ball gown.

I remember feeling extremely excited whilst searching for my very first ball gown. When I eventually found my dress I chose an emerald green satin look dress. It was a full length off the shoulder dress. It was quite ruched on the front of the bodice. It had a small diamante brooch sewn onto it. The skirt of the dress was quite full and I really did feel like Cinderella for the evening. :)

The venue of the ball was always excellent. It was usually a dinner and dance occasion and quite often they would hire a jazz band to play at the event.

It's not often you get to see folk dress up in their best clothing. Aww I remember the Police balls with great fondness. ;)


"Shall We Dance" from the film The King and I

SmileyRose x

No comments: