Monday, August 27, 2012

A Visit To Althorp House

I had a fabulous day today when I met some friends at Althorp House, Northants...the family home of the late Princess Diana.  The house was stunning to say the least.

I browsed the house. I particularly enjoyed the portraits. Afterwards we walked in the gardens and around the beautiful lake.  We later sat out in the sunshine at the cafe. I also enjoyed the exhibitions which included the beautiful wedding gown the late Princess wore on her weddng day. It also included cine film footage of the Princess during her younger days.

Photography was not allowed inside the house. :)




Me at the lake at Althorp House :)





















Here are a few photographs I enjoyed taking this afternoon:







































































































































































































































































































































































































SmileyRose x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You seem to be a keen (and good) photographer SmileyRose. Love your photographs. Can I share a great free online photography tool I found? http://ipiccy.com/

Frances R. A. Napper said...

Thank you very much for the kind compliment. That is really sweet of you to say so. Thanks you I will take a look. :)