Thursday, August 02, 2012

Celebrating Being A Singleton ;o)

Tonight I have decided to celebrate being a singleton...it's better late than never. ;)

There was a time when I once wondered how I was going to manage becoming a single status again. I couldn't ever imagine becoming single again after I married. Ever since I was 16yrs old I was always chased around by the opposite sex (males). It became quite a shock to the system when all of a sudden I found myself on my own all of these years later.

Over the past few years I have done remarkably well adjusting to my single life and I must admit to actually quite liking it. I was adament that I wouldn't fall back into a serious relationship straight away after divorce...and I have kept that promise to myself. :)

Heck! Being single can have a lot of advantages. Here are just a few of my favoutites:

1. I can have dinner whenever I like. Eating whatever I fancy for dinner is great.
2. I can go out for the night without having to sneak in...hoping not to wake my partner.
3. No more school runs.
4. No more being woken up in the middle of the night by young children or a snoring partner.
5. Going out whenever I want to go out.
6. Choosing my own holiday destinations.
7. Watching whatever channel on the TV I like.
8. Making my own decisions.
9. Becoming a Manager. Maybe not at work but in my personal life I am my own boss so to
speak. :)
10.Waking up on a Sunday morning and deciding to stay in my pyjamas all day.
11. Being able to go to the loo and still find the toilet seat is down. :)

Aww I really thought that I would miss having a partner at one stage however the longer you are on your own the more you realize that it's not as bad as you originally thought it might be. ;)

Thanks to the well known film Bridget Jones.....I started to realize that becoming a singleton could be quite good fun. ;o)

If I ever found myself with another partner then he would have to be the perfect partner for me as I wouldn't settle for second best. ;o)

So here's to all of you singletons out there...I raise my glass to you. May you all live happily ever after.

Singletons = Those who are single...those who are not in a current relationship/living with anyone else. :) Seperated folk are not classed as singletons because they are still a couple whether they like it or not. :)

SmileyRose x

No comments: