Monday, August 27, 2012

"It's A Long Way To Tipperary" ;o)

I have had the most wonderful evening. :) I cooked Catherine and I dinner and we chatted and we chatted..non stop together!!! ;) After dinner we listened to some old time music on my iPod. We both started singing along to some old war time songs together ie., "It's a long way to Tipperary" "Pack up you troubles in your old kit bag" "We'll meet again" etc. It then stopped for Mr Churchill's speech. We then heard some old war time sirens after the last track. It was a very different kind of an evening. :) There are some really good tracks on there.

It doesn't hurt your children to listen/learn some of those war time songs. Some of them were good sing-alongs. I learnt some of the songs by listening to some of my Mother and Father's tapes many years ago. :)
 


SmileyRose x

No comments: