Wednesday, September 19, 2012

A Little About Me. SmileyRose In A Nutshell. :o)

I grew up in the Stamford & Rutland area. :)

My parents were both quite conservative folk and Our family home was a modest sized 3-bed detached family home in Stamford. My parents bought their home when my father was stationed at RAF North Luffenham (his last posting).

My parents are both Christian and we had a very strict upbringing. We were told off if we so much as used a swear word in the family home. We were always encouraged to dress nicely as children.

Both of my parents worked hard for a living and we were not born with a silver spoon in our mouth.

As soon as we left school we were encouraged to take up further education and to work for a living. My family members, including myself, have all been taught at English schools only, even when living abroad. :) The teachers all spoke English, unless we were learning French. RAF children aka Scale-E Brats are indeed British, therefore they had English Schools abroad. ;)

When we were growing up we learnt never to expect anything. If our parents bought us something for our birthday/Christmas then we were very grateful and appreciative for whatever we received. I am pleased to say that both of my own children are pretty much the same. :)

We were very much a close family and we had a number of family friends who mostly lived close by, with the exception of those families whom we knew from moving around whilst my father was in the Royal Air Force.

My Father retired from the RAF after completing his full service. On retirement he went to work for the Bank of England, London until he reached retirement age.

My Mother was an office Manager within the civil service. She retired on a full pension also.

I come from a family of four siblings. I am the eldest. We have all worked hard for a living.:)

I briefly gave up my job to become a full-time mother, a job role which I enjoyed immensely. My ex husband was always very supportive of me being at home with our children. Whilst I was away from full-time paid employment I kept myself busy with volunteer jobs at the Mother and toddler group sessions and at the local Pre-School. As the children became older I started back in part-time employment and I enrolled at the local college. I eventually returned to full-time employment.

When I was younger I have mostly worked in the Fashion and Jewellery retail trade and Clerical/Admin/Reception roles when older, although my early years were mainly doing the more menial jobs whilst I studied at college.

I am a mild mannered individual. When I was growing up folk were often very respectful of each other particularly in the way which they spoke to each other and how they dressed and behaved in front of each other too. I very rarely heard any of my family/female friends swear.

I am not a prude and I'm quite open minded. I'm often serious when I am working however I enjoy a good giggle when I am away from the work station. I am never too extreme when it comes to enjoying myself ie., I do not go out on a Saturday night just to get plastered!

I value quality. I don't suffer fools gladly. Smoking is a pet hate.  :)

I enjoy Family, Photography, Travel, classical/Pop/Jazz music, theatre, cinema, restaurant food/pub food/dining out, reading, writing, fashion and IT. I am a homeowner and I enjoy DIY/Gardening.

Is it too much to ask if there are any like-minded folk out there? I never seem to meet any. :)


SmileyRose x

No comments: