Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Do I Know My Password?....Erm What Was It Again? ;o)

I was chatting to someone recently re passwords. Ewww If you are anything like me you will have a lot of passwords to remember.:(

Anyway, the person I was talking to mentioned that his company are provided with plastic fob keys. The keys are a good security measure as the passwords change and rotate regularly. You are assigned a pin number which you are encouraged to remember, however every time you log onto
a computer all you have to do is use the key to log onto any system using your unique pin number without you having to remember all of the different passwords. It sounds like a really great idea to me.:)

He then went on to tell me that it does save the company money in the long term as you are not telephoning the IT service team regularly in order to change your password after you forget it. :)

A system like this would free up the IT workers to sort out other matters concerning IT instead of answering numerous calls relating to folk who have forgotten their password.

What a good idea. I'm all for good initiative. ;)


SmileyRose x

No comments: