Sunday, September 09, 2012

Holiday Experiences

I think everyone's holiday experiences can be very different when someone is visiting even the same destination as their family/friends.

Firstly, not everyone is fortunate enough to stay in expensive 5 star hotels. Many folk who do not have the same family income can visit the same holiday destination, however the places which they stay in are not the same quality as their friends/family. Everyone's experiences can be totally different which is the reason why I often say folk should only write and post photographs of their own experiences only. Someone could visit exactly the same destination and their experience could be a bad one.

We are all individuals and what we experience in life can be very different sometimes.

When someone is married and there are two working partners, they can often visit great places and stay in the best of hotels, particularly if they don't have children.

A single parent who does not have the same kind of income...he/she can sometimes struggle to have the best of holidays. Therefore he/she would choose destinations which are not so extravagant.

Sometimes a holiday experience can be all to do with what a person can afford at the time.

I'm divorced. I'm single and I don't have two incomes coming into my household. When I choose a holiday destination it is often because I want to take photographs (hence the name SmileyRose).  It's not because I want to show off where I have visited, nor is it because I am trying to compete with friends. I have loved photography ever since I was a little girl. It's a hobby.

I know a great number of folk who are all on much higher incomes. They have two incomes coming into their family homes and they all have super holidays and they stay in some of the most fabulous hotels too. I love to look at their holiday snaps however their experience of visiting a particular destination may be very different to my own. This is the reason I like to write and post photographs about my own personal experiences ONLY. :)

Ps  I dare say had I not paid to take my daughter along with me on holiday on this occasion I could have been able to afford something a little nicer, however I wanted to take her along so that she could experience Dublin too. :)

SmileyRose x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sοmеоne essentially helρ to make cгitically articles Ӏ might state.
That is the very first time I frequented уouг website pаge аnd uр to now?
I amazeԁ ωith the anаlysis yοu made tο cгеаte this асtual submit
incredіble. Wondeгful job!
My web blog :: whiplash claims