Thursday, September 13, 2012

Friends ;o)

I'm thinking back to a few years ago now. I suppose I have Facebook to thank for this one. :) A friend of mine was seriously injured in a very bad accident.  Had it not been for Facebook then the message would have taken much longer to reach me had it not been for another one of his friends who was also a Member of the Facebook networking site. She realized that I was a friend and she private messaged me to let me know about the accident after I read one of her posts. She was very sweet. I didn't know her at all prior to the message. She very kindly offered to pick me up in her car at my home address and she took me to visit our friend in hospital. I was horrified to learn about the accident because this guy is a really sweet person and it upset me greatly. I've known him for a number of years and over the years I have put my trust in him as being a good friend. :)

He probably wouldn't want to hear it first hand especially as he is indeed still a Facebook friend.;)

Anyway, to cut a long story short I went to visit him in hospital after the accident. It was when he was able to talk to visitors a little more comfortably. Not only did I want to see how he was, I also needed some advice re a car. :)

I jest not when I say this guy was seriously injured. He has been through so much during his road to recovery. He may not know this but even when we're not talking in person, I still like to read his pages and to look at his photographs just to see what he's been up to. I've been enjoying some of his photographs still. He is also a keen photographer...just like me. :) I am so relieved and happy that my friend seems to be doing well these days. :)

Facebook does have its advantages sometimes...particularly when it is used correctly and folk don't abuse the way they use it.

All of my Facebook friends are folk who are all very real and all but a couple of them are known to me in person. There are a couple of friends who I've made friends with via the internet and they both share the same hobby as me. They're both serious photographers and I am so glad to have made their acquaintance. :)
It's funny how we all meet our friends. Some we meet during a night out, some we meet in the work place....whichever way we end up meeting our friends, it is always great to know what everyone is up to and for us all to keep in touch together in one place. If you look at Facebook as being one big address without the persons actual address book displayed, then it's a way of keeping track of your family and friends particularly when someone move on etc. You never really have to lose touch with anyone again.  :)
SmileyRose x

No comments: