Monday, September 03, 2012

Such Lovely Compliments Re: My Spoken English :o)

I feel quite flattered about some of the lovely compliments I have received by a number of folk over the years. Many of the compliments come from folk who mostly live abroad or who have visited the United Kingdom at some stage in their lives. :)

Many of these folk have wanted to learn the English language and they have told me that the manner in which I speak to them is quite often the way in which they have been taught English at school/college. They find my pronunciations are quite clear and precise. Thank you. :)

I was told that when they speak to me or when they speak to others who speak in a similar manner, it has been far easier for them to master the English language because I/we pronounce our words correctly and clear enough for them to understand. Many of my overseas friends actually love speaking to folk who are well/nicely spoken. How sweet and I thank each and everyone of you for the lovely compliments. :)

It reminds me of the time I toured California on a holiday. I remember walking around a few market stalls and a lady began to follow me. I found her quite odd to begin with until she explained herself to me. She told me that she loved listening to the way I spoke and she was just following me around the market stalls so that she could listen to me speak in my nice English accent. I often receive lovely compliments of a similar nature.

I suppose if I was living abroad I too would want to learn how to speak the language correctly. :)

Thank you, you're all so lovely and I hope my daughters both carry on the good word, they're both very nicely spoken too. ;o)

SmileyRose x

No comments: