Wednesday, October 03, 2012

'39 Steps' At The Criterion Theatre

I had a wonderful day in London yesterday. :)

I caught the train to London Kings Cross. :)

When I reached London I browsed around one or two shops before ending up at China Town. I found a lovely little Chinese restaurant at lunchtime. I met an elderly husband and his wife who were dining at the same restaurant. I commented to the lady whilst chatting to her what beautiful skin some Chinese women had and how I noticed this during my trip to China on a holiday a few years ago. I also commented how nice Chinese food is. The lady paid me such a lovely compliment too. She told me how beautiful I looked. How sweet. She also taught me how to use chopsticks. :)

After lunch I set off for the Criterion Theatre and I booked a ticket to see '39 Steps'...the Alfred Hitchcock thriller.  It was terribly funny. I really enjoyed it because it was so cleverly acted by just four fabulous actors. :)  It was simply the best. It made me laugh out loud...which is just what I needed to help cheer me up. Whilst I was at the theatre my eyes met someone else's. Mmm wonders if we shall ever meet again? Ooo he made the blood rush to my cheeks alright. ;o)

I've met a number of lovely folk during my travels to and from London on a number of occasions.  :)

I stopped off at a really great cafe, The Caffe Concerto (my new favourite cafe). I had a cappuccino and a frangipani (delicious!) whilst chatting to a lovely lady who came from Milan. She was very interesting to chat to and we seemed to get along together really well. She was just visiting England for a few days. :)

I later went to Covent Garden and I visited the Transport Museum. :)

I felt very unsure about tube ride back to Kings Cross Station though. Ewww the tube was packed full of folk. We had to stand so close together, almost like a tin of sardines...Eww not my cup of tea. I did not enjoy that part of the day at all. Goodness! London isn't the same as it used to be. There are far too many folk living there for my liking and it totally put me off. Well the underground travel put me off mainly because it was just too busy.  Having said that...the few folk I did meet yesterday were all so lovely. :)

I chatted with a really nice guy and a couple of ladies on the train journey home. It was great to meet such nice folk. :)

It was a very tiring day....and I was absolutely shattered when I eventually reached home. I couldn't wait to make myself a nice cup of tea. ;o)


SmileyRose x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there I am so happy I found your site, I really found you by mistake, while I was researching
on Bing for something else, Anyhow I am here now and would just like to say cheers for a incredible post and a all round thrilling blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to go through it all at the
moment but I have bookmarked it and also added in your RSS feeds, so
when I have time I will be back to read more, Please do keep up the great b.
My homepage ; does sytropin work

Frances R. A. Napper said...

Thank you for your comment and you must go and see '39 Steps'...it was fabulous!!! :)