Sunday, February 10, 2013

'Lincoln'

Today started off quite badly. I took one look outside my bedroom window and all I really wanted to do was to climb back into bed where it was nice and cosy. :)

I realised that although it was a Sunday morning that I needed to get up and do something positive so I telephoned a friend. We went for a two mile walk around Ferry Meadows. LOL my friend was somewhat surprised by my suggestion as at that stage of the day it was pouring down with rain. It showed no signs of stopping either.

I wore about four layers of clothing. I wrapped up nice and warm and off I went. I made certain to wear some decent walking shoes. ;)

As tiring as it was, I actually felt really good after my walk. In fact I felt as fit as a fiddle. :)

I came home and ate some dinner before I set out again to the Showcase cinema this evening to watch the film 'Lincoln'. I upgraded me seat to a big comfy seat on the back row. ;)

I know I have visited the Cathedral City of Lincoln on a number of occasions over the past few years, mainly to photograph the Cathedral and Castle and also to visit a couple of  friends who live in the City, however this film was actually about President Abraham Lincoln and not the English City of Lincoln, but it still makes it good enough for me to watch. ;)

Daniel Day-Lewis's portrayal of Abraham Lincoln was absolutely brilliant to say the least. What a fabulous, fabulous actor he is.  The film also starred the wonderful actress Sally Field and another fabulous actor Tommy Lee Jones.

The film was directed by the brilliant Mr Steven Spielberg.

The film tells the story of The American President and  the emancipation proclamation issued in January 1863.  Lincoln pushed for  the 13th amendment to abolish slavery.  Congress passed it by the necessary two-thirds vote in February 1865. The act was almost not passed as it barely had the amount of votes required due to many folks different opinions.

Daniel Day-Lewis should be commended for his acting role in this film. I loved it!!! :)

Ps

Remembers photographing the little imp at the Lincoln Cathedral with a couple of fellow friend photographers on two seperate occasions on one of my many expeditions.. ;)


SmileyRose x

No comments: