Sunday, February 17, 2013

"Mum's Rhapsody"





Haha thanks to a friend who recently sent me this via facebook. I loved it.  Hmm it was hard work being a MUM. I had no reward for it though and they were 'hard times'. It wasn't the easiest decision to make becoming a full time Mother but the ex was a shift worker therefore it made sense that I took a career break. What was the alternative, to leave both of my children with someone I didn't know or trust to take care of them as well as I knew I could. Financially it wasn't the ideal... if I'd continued at work there would have been more money coming into the family household. We managed though by prioritising and buying what was most important first. If I'd gone back to work part time a large proportion of my income would have been spent on a car and travel as we lived out in a village at the time...and also childcare. I would have had to taken time off work had the children been ill/sick and time off work when I was sick too. I'm glad I became a full time Mother and I wouldn't change a thing if I had to do it all over again. When the girls were much older I had no desire to want to start all over again I am quite happy to be nappy free these days.:)


SmileyRose x

No comments: