Monday, March 04, 2013

The End Of Another Era - Farewell Pope Benedict

I sadly missed Pope John Paul II after he died. He served as Pope for an incredible 27 years almost. He died in 2005. I was saddened to learn of his death. He had such a lovely and a friendly nature about him.

Hmm and now is the end of another era. Pope Benedict XVI is the first pope to willingly renounce the Papacy since Pope Celestine V in 1294.

I would like to say farewell Pope Benedict XVI .... and I wish you a happy retirement. :)

I wonder who we will welcome as the new Pope in 2013.


PS

It is very true that Father Barry was our parish priest when I was a young girl and he would personally come to pick me up every weekend for catechism classes. I made my first holy communion in Salisbury, Wiltshire when I was only 7yrs old.

SmileyRose x

No comments: