Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Is Revenge Really So Sweet? :)

Is revenge really so sweet one wonders? :) Would it make us all feel better to get our own revenge on someone because that someone hurt us? Do folk really thrive on getting their own back after being wronged? Hmm you've heard that old saying: Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. Eww guys, it's time to duck! :)

If someone purposely tried to hurt me even if they thought it was only a joke/silly prank/slight revenge, then I wouldn't be very chuffed with the person concerned and I'd perhaps find it hard to forgive the person very easily...therefore revenge is never a good idea or else I'd be wanting to get my own back on a lot of folk out there. Even if you're planning something as a joke/prank you never know when it can backfire particularly if you are trying to prove a point and you never know just how much you're likely to hurt someone through your own stupidity!!! I can take a joke but not everyone is as smart as they think they might be and sometimes jokes can go too far!

I think I'm the sort of person who would prefer to turn the other cheek rather than to try and get my revenge on anyone....besides, I wouldn't want someone to think they really got to me, however I'd grin from ear to ear if they got their comeuppance. Now that would be the best revenge of all. :)  I don't think I am different to many folk out there. I would never want to hurt anyone intentionally, certainly not in a physical manner. Eww and how I dislike folk who lie when they are playing a stupid prank/trying to get revenge on someone.

 

We all love a laugh and a joke, the odd little leg pull perhaps...but not when it goes too far and beyond a joke... and you end up hurting someone in the process of it!

 

Here's a little sweet revenge which made me smile. :)

Playwright George Bernard Shaw sent Sir Winston Churchill a caustic invitation, reading: "Am reserving two tickets for you for my premiere. Come & bring a friend - if you have one." Churchill replied: "Impossible to be present for the first performance. Will attend second - if there is one."
:)

SmileyRose x

No comments: