Friday, April 12, 2013

'OBLIVION'


This evening I went to watch the film 'Oblivion' at the Showcase cinema.  It is a sci-fi film which starred the fabulous actors Tom Cruise (*sighs*), Olga Kurylenko and Morgan Freeman.  :)

I'm a huge fan of the film 'Top Gun' which also starred Tom Cruise, however  this film definitely tops 'Top Gun'. :) It is a film adaption of an unpublished novel of the same title -  written by Joseph Kosinski.

The film tells the story of former Commander Jack Harper. He is one of the last humans on the planet after an alien invasion which almost destroyed the earth some 60 years prior to the story.  Commander Harper rescues a female from a sleeping capsule whom he recognises immediately. They are both captured by the insurgency who demand he re-programme a drone. The drones patrol the skies and protect the planet from the aliens.

That's the general gist of the story without being a complete spoiler.

The film gets a huge thumbs up from me. I loved it. :)

Hehe watch out for the spaceship chase, with the drones. Fabulous! It reminded me of a time I was passenger in a fast subaru impreza car. Wow! That car could really go!!! I must admit to doing a lot of swaying just like the female passenger in the spaceship chase with Tom Cruise. ;)

The film ends with a Jack Harper's clone no.52. ;) Now that is one occasion I would not mind if they did a little cloning....a nice Tom Cruise clone would do me a world of good. ;)

Enough! No more spoiling. Go and see the film. :)

SmileyRose x

No comments: