Tuesday, May 21, 2013

"The Great Gatsby"


I recently spent the afternoon with friends at their lovely home. It was a beautiful day. It was lovely to visit them both, particularly as I had not seen them in ages. I was so taken aback and amazed to see how this friend and his partner were both doing well. He has come a long way since a very nasty accident a few years ago. I am so pleased for him. :)

Later in the afternoon I went to the Showcase Cinema. I went to watch 'The Great Gatsby' in 3D. It was an absolutely brilliant film! I am hoping Leonardo Dicaprio wins an Oscar at least for his performance in the film....he was just superb.  I had not watched Leonardo Dicaprio since the 'Titanic' film...another film I enjoyed immensely. :)

'The Great Gatsby' is a really good film adaptation of F. Scott Fitzgerald's novel based in Long Island. It depicts the life of a millionaire named Jay Gatsby. He draws attention to himself by throwing extravagant parties at his home causing many to wonder where his wealth and fortune came from. It was thought that his wealth came from bootlegging alcohol. 

I am not going to become a total spoiler here therefore I shall stop. You need to go and watch the film to really appreciate it.  :)

Ps  Did you notice how Mr Gatsby was blamed for something he did not do? Did you also notice that Mr Gatsby was not a violent man and he only lost his temper when he was provoked? 

SmileyRose x

No comments: