Sunday, July 07, 2013

Wimbledon Mens Final - 2013

Andy Murray wins the 2013 Wimbledon Mens Championship Finals!

Well done on the Centre Court at Wimbledon today Andy Murray! What a great day for sport. :)

Andy Murray played against  Novak DJokovic at Wimbledon this afternoon. What a tense game it was too. Murray Won 3 Sets to Love. The third set was so tense. There were three occasions when Murray was open to win championship points however Kjokovic seemed to defend himself quite brilliantly, however Murray proved what a strong player he was this year because he went on to win the match. I am sure it must have been the banana he ate during the interval. He seemed to come back with great strength after that. It was just brilliant. It was an omen I'm sure.....I've always had a thing about monkey's and bananas. ;)

It was great to see a few famous people in the crowds: David Cameron, Bradley Cooper and Gerard Butler to name just a few. I admit to losing concentration when the two latter names appeared on my screen. LOL :)

Twelve months ago I sat down to watch Andy Murray play in the Wimbledon Finals only to lose to Federer. So if anyone deserved to win at the Wimbledon Finals this year, then it's Andy Murray because he really deserved this win. I am so pleased for him. It's been a fabulous Wimbledon. I have loved it!

It has been 77 years since Britain won the last Wimbledon Championship title. Fred Perry was the last British player to win. All the more reason for the pressure to be on Andy Murray today. Big Cheers! :)

Ps What did I always tell you? You must never hurry a Murray. ;)



SmileyRoseFrances x

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's the first British winner to wear shorts.

Frances R. A. Napper said...

Really?? You are more observant than I am ;)

Anonymous said...

Fred Perry wore longs.

Frances R. A. Napper said...

Oh I see. :D I wasn't around 77 yrs ago to observe what kind of shorts Perry was wearing. ;)