Sunday, August 11, 2013

The Lone Ranger & Tonto _ Hi-Ho Silver Away! :o)

My weekend was filled with fun things, however my favourite part of the weekend was spending time with my daughter Catherine.  We enjoyed an afternoon at Houghton Mill, Cambridgeshire.  We were both feeling very energetic and so we decided to go for a nice long walk along by the river.  It was a very pleasant day for walking. We saw a number of very friendly folk. :)

We walked over a little bridge onto a meadow. We found one lonesome tree which stood by the river. LOL Catherine couldn't resist climbing it!!!! She might almost be 21 years of age however she can still climb trees!!! It's a habit she's had ever since she was a young girl. :)  Haha but when she beckoned me to climb the tree as well, I drew the line right there. ;)

A fun afternoon was had by all.  :)

After I dropped Catherine....or should I say dropped Tonto off,  I found myself as the Lone Ranger once again.  Speaking of which, I was really looking forward to taking a trip to my local cinema in the evening to watch Johnny Depp, Arnie Hammer and Helena Bonham-Carter in the 'The Lone Ranger'  film:)

I won't become a spoiler here as i know many of you have not been to see the film yet, however 'The Lone Ranger'  was simply superb. I didn't realize until I watched the film that it was a Disney made film, which surprised me. I'd heard that the film had mixed reviews, therefore I was eager to go and watch it myself.  My tip: Don't listen to anyone else, the film was very good and I enjoyed watching it immensely.  I found myself laughing out aloud a few times. In fact Johnny Depp's portrayal of Tonto was marvelous.  His character was very similar to Jack Sparrow from his Pirates of the Caribbean films. Hehe I had heard that he was considering retiring from films earlier this week....after the Lone Ranger film, I am hoping for a sequel!!!! :)

Go watch it!!! It's good!! I have always loved 'Cowboy and Indian' films...every since I was a little girl. :o)

Time for me to be on my way.....Hi-Ho Silver Away! :o)





 




























Click Here! The Lone Range Tune AKA The William Tell Overture :)

SmileyRoseFrances x

No comments: