Monday, November 25, 2013

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

Goodness! They say time goes by quickly when you're having fun, however my weekends seem to go extremely quickly these days. :)

I had a really fun day today with my family members.  My sister and brother visited with their partners and my two nieces.  It was fun to spend some time catching up together as we all lead such busy lifestyles. We all live away, therefore it's not always easy to meet up together. It was great to see how much my nieces have grown since the last time I saw them. Steady on! They'll soon be taller than me! |;)

I later visited the Showcase cinema to watch the sequel to The Hunger Games.  The film was entitled The Hunger Games: Catching Fire and I must say, what a fabulous film it was too. :)

The film starred the lovely actress Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss, Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth. :)

"Let The Games Begin" ;)

A Little Spoiler

The plot so far: It's the second installment of the Hunger Games Trilogy. Katniss and Peeta have just completed winning the 74th Hunger Games however they have to pretend that their Victory was due to an act of love because she defied the capitol by breaking the rules. She is told that if she did not keep up the presence of being in love with Peeta, that her entire family would be killed.

Contestants for the 75th Hunger games were being chosen, however participants were being chosen from past victors.  Katniss is soon to realize that she will take part in the games, along side Peeta.

Saltwater lake, where the games are to take place, was arranged like a clock. Every hour an attack would take place. They are attacked by poisonous fog and mandrills. At 12 noon and at midnight lightening strikes and if that's not enough, they have their rivals to contend with too. Eventually Katniss destroys the force field and she destroys the arena, however she passes out only to wake up later in a spacecraft. She learns that her family home is destoyed (District 12) she is on her way to District 13. :)

The film is fabulous! I can't wait until the next installment.  :)

 SmileyRoseFrances x

No comments: