Friday, January 03, 2014

A Happy New Year and The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty :)

This Christmas and the New Year seemed to come and then go by very quickly even though my Christmas time seemed to last for days. :)

After spending Christmas in Stamford I enjoyed a fabulous evening watching Beauty and the Beast at this years Pantomime.  We had such good fun and front row seats! My favorite characters in the Pantomime were Billy and Dame Dolly Doughnut. :)

The weekend was spent cooking Christmas dinner and spending a lovely and relaxing weekend with both of my daughters Catherine and Lauren. We had such good fun together.  Our day began with a shopping spree and then just chilling out at home doing the fun family stuff.  Dinner seemed to go down a treat and the girls seemed to like Mums Christmas cooking. As usual our time together seemed to go by very quickly.  Sunday was spent taking the girls to visit all of their Grand-parents in the same day!!!!  The girls found it fun calling on them and we spent some family time together catching up on what we've all been doing over the past year.

New Years Eve was spent working and then later bringing in the New Year at a friends home. It was great fun! We even spent some of the evening playing 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire' on friends play-station.  I particularly enjoyed myself as I managed to win £1,000,000...it's just a shame it wasn't real. ;)

New Years Day was spent having a lovely dinner at my Mum's place. I ate a fabulous dinner and I felt absolutely stuffed! Thankfully there were enough left overs for my Mum to make me a little pack-up for the following day. ;)

It's nice to have a few days off this New Year. Yippee! No work for a few days!!!! :)

Not A Complete Spoiler

This evening was spent meeting up with a friend and going to the Showcase Cinema to watch 'The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty' It starred Ben Stiller, Kristen Wiig and Shirley MacLaine. The film was based on the book by James Thurber, it tells the story of a man who spends much of his time day-dreaming. He escapes life by disappearing into a world of fantasies whereby he often becomes the hero whilst romantically fantasizing about a work colleague.

Walter eventually finds himself fantasizing less when he embarks on a real life adventure which takes him on global travels. The scenery in the film is fabulous and amazing, particularly whilst Walter was up in the Himalayan Mountains. Fantastic!!!  I loved the film.  :)

A film which is definitely worth a watch! I loved it! :)

I'd like to take this opportunity to wish each and every one of you a very prosperous New Year.  Here's to better times.  Happy New Year! :)

SmileyRoseFrances x

No comments: