Monday, January 06, 2014

'American Hustle'

I began this evening by visiting my Mother. We had both decided to eat Chinese food together, which is a little different to my usual Sunday roast dinner, but I enjoyed it just the same.

I then  made my way to the Showcase cinema to watch the new David O Russell film 'American Hustle.' I would admit to being pleasantly surprised because I knew absolutely nothing about the film until I went to see it this evening.

It is a comedy drama film which is loosely based on a true life event which took place in the late 1970's to early 1980's.  It tells the story of a couple of con artists and an FBI agent, who set up an operation to unveil corrupt politicians and a mayor. 

The film starred Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Lawrence and Amy Adams. I thought their versatility as actors really shone in this film. 

I love a good comedy and the film definitely had me chuckling in the aisles. There was a toilet scene, something I've chuckled at in some of the other films I've watched. ;)  Ha ha at Jenifer Lawrence when dancing to "Live And Let Die" it was just hilarious, she reminds me of me when I'm doing the housework. ;)  I loved her acting.  In fact there were a number of laugh out loud chuckles from me throughout the film.

There were great performances coming from Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper and Amy Adams.

I laughed out loud when Bradley Cooper went to deal with his obstinate and grumpy boss. Haha yes we've all felt that way at some stage in our lives. LOL at his hair curlers too.  ;o)

I also laughed out loud at the fake Sheik. ;)

I won't be a complete spoiler here, however it was a bit of a sad ending for Richie Di Maso. Wonders if he goes back to his waiting fiance, laughs out loud!

The soundtrack to the film was excellent. I was bopping my head along to some of the tunes. I loved them! :)

It's definitely a film to go and watch. :)

SmileyRoseFrances x

No comments: