Sunday, January 05, 2014

Dating Outside Of England!!! ....and Relationships :o)

I must admit that I have NEVER had a long-distant relationship with anyone, it's not something I have ever really considered having before. It's true, I have friends who reside in different parts of the world, however I have never conducted a long-term relationship with any of them before. All of my previous boyfriends, including my ex-husband, were all England based only! :)

LOL I was recently asked what I considered a long-distance relationship to be. A long distance relationship is havin a relationship with someone living in a different country and spending the majority of the time commuting/plane hopping from country to country in order to be with each other. I must admit that I wouldn't really want to get on an plane every time I wanted to be intimate with a partner, or if I wanted a hug from a partner. I'm not fond of conducting a relationship over the internet either as I find it time consuming and boring. Life is too short! :)

I'm the sort of person who believes that as a couple it is always nice to have your own space and to allow each other time on their own to pursue other interests, however it's nice to know the person isn't too far away when you need them to snuggle up to. I'm a more tactile type of a lady. ;) 

I've never really dated anyone who was in the armed forces apart from once many years ago. All of my previous relationships have always been very local. Although I have dated guys who live a little further away, most of those just fizzled out after a short period, because they've lived too far away. :)

I have never said never, but so far I have yet to find anyone I've been crazy enough to fall in love with and who lives a million miles away from me. Besides, I think I would appear to be a little bit of a hussy if all I ever did was meet up for casual sex with someone for a few days, every few months. I wouldn't class it as a proper relationship.  I would need to see someone much more regularly than that if I was going to call it a relationship or else you may as well call each other sex buddies. ;)

A relationship is when two people look forward to spending time with each other because they cannot get enough of each other.  It means they see each other often.  They enjoy each others company. They tenderly kiss and caress each other......need I go on. :)

SmileyRoseFrances x

2 comments:

Jayne M said...

Do you think sex buddies are ever a good idea? I miss the intimacy of having a partner but don't feel ready to commit :(

Frances R. A. Napper said...

Hi :) I don't really like the phrase 'sex buddy' it makes a person sound so cheap, therefore my own personal point of view on the matter would be to steer clear in case someone gets hurt or one of you may catch a nasty disease. I say 'get hurt' because quite often females want more from a man once she sleeps with him, unlike a man who has it in his mind that he just wants sex! I don't think there's any harm in playing a little hard-to-get sometimes...it shows you're not easy.;) Many of us like the intimacy you have with a partner when in a relationship, it's just a case of dating and finally meeting the right guy and then seeing how well you both get along together. You'll know when you're ready to commit because you start using phrases like "I Love You" and you look forward to being with each other. you start holding hands and being affectionate with each other, ultimately you'll both want more than just sex. There's nothing wrong with sex however thinks it is much nicer when you're in a relationship. That's just my point of view.:)