Friday, January 24, 2014

Good-Bye Rosie - I Will Miss You!

RIP ROSIE 






















Last Sunday I visited the Showcase Cinema and after I returned I noticed Rosie was feeling under the weather.  I immediately emailed the vet to explain  the situation to them just to see If they could help me however Rosie sadly died the next morning. She had become part of my family for the past 12yrs. I've cried many tears over the past few days. She was my friend and I will miss her terribly.

This past week has been a very sad week for me. I lost my beloved pet 'Rosie' the Cockatiel.  She had been a part of my family for the past 12 years and she will be greatly missed by me.  I remember the very first day I set my eyes on Rosie.  She was about 9 weeks old and she was hand-reared. When I walked into the Notcutts pet centre I first saw her sitting on a perch with some other baby Cockatiels.  I immediately asked the assistant if I could hold her. From that moment I knew she would be coming home with me.

Rosie was an extremely affectionate cockatiel. She loved to sit on her perch whilst I stroked the top of her head. Sometimes when I went out, Rosie would tweet really loudly just as soon as she heard me put the key in the door.  She loved listening to the radio. She soon became very fond of the Rutland Radio DJ's and then she became and avid listener to Heart Radio.  Whenever I went out, I left the radio on for her. Music seemed to make her feel very calm and relaxed. A few years ago I remember coming downstairs one Easter Sunday and both of my daughters seemed really excited that Rosie had laid two eggs!  I assumed that they were playing a trick on me as the eggs looked like little mini eggs, however they both assured me that they were real! I remember examining the eggs very carefully. They were real!

These past few days I have been feeling a little down. I am hoping tomorrow turns out to be a much better day. 

I would like to thank my Mum for coming over to give me a helping hand the other day re burying her.  I was most tearful. 

RIP ROSIE

With all of my love

SmileyRoseFrances x

No comments: