Tuesday, March 18, 2014

An Evening With Ken Follett ;)

I have just spent the most fabulous evening listening to a talk by Ken Follett at the Peterborough City Cathedral, courtesy of Neil Ritchie my Manager. I would just like to thank Neil very much for the ticket. I thoroughly enjoyed this evening. Ken Follet was a very interesting speaker and he was a pleasure to listen to.

For those of you who do not know who Ken Follet is, he is the Welsh author of mostly thrillers and historical novels. One of his best known novels is 'The Pillars of the Earth' It is a novel about building a Cathedral in the Middle Ages. It was on the New York Times bestseller list for a total of 18 weeks. It was also on the German best seller list for 6 years and reached No. 1 on the bestseller list here in Great Britain too.

Ken Follett's other works: Look out for 'Edge of Eternity', the conclusion to the Century trilogy. It is due to be published later this year. I think I'd like to read 'Fall of the Giants' and 'Winter of the World' before the end of the year.

Whilst attending the talk this evening it also gave me the opportunity to take some photographs at the Peterborough Cathedral. I loved it.

This evening, when Ken Follett was asked to name his favourite Cathedrals, he named Peterborough Cathedral as being a favourite, then he also mentioned The Canterbury Cathedral. I am also very pleased that he mentioned The Salisbury Cathedral too. The Salisbury Cathedral is a favourite Cathedral of mine also. I used to reside in Salisbury when I was a young girl and one of the things i remember doing as a child was sitting outside the Salisbury Cathedral on one beautiful summers day and I sketched it in all of it's glory. I remember the really tall spire of the Cathedral. The building was beautiful, hence my love for photographing old buildings. Of course the Cathedral used to be just a hop, skip and a jump away from where I used to live and I admired it often.

I really enjoyed the talk this evening, it was the perfect venue. Just brilliant!:)


SmileyRoseFrances x

Photos to follow :)

No comments: