Sunday, July 06, 2014

The Winner - Wimbledon Finals


As usual, I sat down to watch the Men's Finals at Wimbledon on the TV this afternoon....and what a match it was too!!! :)

I am still very saddened that Andy Murray didn't get through to the finals this afternoon, but hey ho! ;)

This afternoon Novak Djokovic played Roger Federer and I must say, I was gripping onto to the edge of my seat right up until the end.  I wasn't really bothered which one of the two men won today because they are both extremely good players. There was very little in it and although I was saddened that Federer didn't win the Wimbledon's Finals, I was very pleased that Djokovic won today, mainly because I was rooting and a tooting for him.

Djokovic  came through 6-7 (7-9) 6-4 7-6 (7-4) 5-7 6-4 to win his second Wimbledon and seventh Grand Slam title.Well done him!

Of course I was very happy to sit back and relax whilst watching from home this afternoon, with a bowl full of strawberries and some lemonade.  :)

At the Centre Court, Wimbledon today there were a number of celebrities happily enjoying and watching the match. They included: The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Sir Cliff Richard, David and Victoria Beckham, Bradley Cooper (aww minus his bromance with Gerard Butler), ;) Samuel L Jackson and Hugh Jackman.  Heck! It seems I missed out today. ;)

It seems all of my favourite loved ones were in London today as both of my daughters spent their time with my Sister and her family. They live in London. I'm unsure if any of them were anywhere near the crowds in Wimbledon though. ;)

Oh well! It seems like a good day was had by all. :)

Yet again, well done to Djokovic for winning today's Men's Wimbledon Finals 2014. :)

Ps

Well done to Petra Kvitova yesterday for winning the Ladies Wimbledon Finals 2014. :)

SmileyRoseFrances x
 

No comments: