Friday, September 12, 2014

I'm British!

I can understand why folk such as myself can feel a little insulted sometimes.  Sometimes when we are asked to state our ethnic origin, the nearest we can find is White British!  I am indeed very British however I am not White!  White is a colour! My grandmother was white and so are my children, however I am NOT white!  I detest having to put white British on a form, when I am hardly white in colour, even though I class England as my country!

I was brought up in England, I only speak the English language, therefore I don't fall into any other category but the British one, however I am not white in colour.  I think this category is all wrong because you are either British or you are Not British as far as I am concerned.  You cannot be both or many nationalities, you have one ethnic origin!:)

SmileyRoseFrances x

No comments: