Sunday, October 26, 2014

Catherine's (daughter) - Graduation Day















When people ask what my proudest accomplishment is, I often say 'My Children' :) 

Nothing could prepare me for the moment when I heard my daughter Catherine's name being called yesterday.... and I then watched her proudly walk onto the stage to be confirmed with a Bachelor of Arts Degree. A proud moment for both her Dad and I. Catherine Graduated with honours, 1st Class in English! When you see your child achieve something like that, it's a very emotional moment, believe me. :) 

My day began with a train journey to Ipswich. I headed for the Ipswich Town Hall, a very imposing building which dates back to around 1868. The Graduation ceremony was very lovely 


indeed. We later enjoyed canopes and wine in the marquee, where we met up with our newly graduated daughter, her lecturers and her close friends. It was an absolutely beautiful day, one I shall always treasure. 

I have taken plenty of photographs to remind me of the day. ;) 

After Catherine had a few official photographs taken, she handed in her robe and mortarboard and we then headed for somewhere to eat and drink. A good day was had by all. I later headed back to the railway station to catch my return train back to Peterborough. I had a quiet, but very pleasant journey home. I love my daughters!!!! :) 

SmileyRoseFrances x

No comments: