Wednesday, October 15, 2014

"Gone Girl"

Suitability (not for kids!) - Rated 18 

I went to see the film 'Gone Girl' at the cinema this evening. The thriller starred Ben Affleck and Rosamund Pike. It was a very clever film and I loved it! There was a good twist! I wasn't quite expecting that! Ben Affleck is definitely one of my favourite actors after watching this film :)   

I love clever films which keep you guessing until the end.. I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet, however the film is definitely worth a watch,, particularly if you like watching mystery thrillers. :)

Rosamund Pike, who played Amy was such an evil character. LOL I could see some of the folk I actually know, in Amy's character. I could also see my character type in the film, it was definitely Nick's geeky sister, Margo. 

'Gone Girl' is a film adaption of a book by the same title, written by Gillian Flynn. 

I managed to close my eyes at one gory part in the movie, however I managed to chuckle at a few parts in the film too. ;)

A quick synopsis: Husband and wife are both writers. They go broke. Wife goes missing and husband finds himself a suspect for her disappearance and murder. It's a brilliant film. I really enjoyed watching it. I won't be a complete spoiler here. 

PS Amazing Amy used to be one of my daughter's favourite dolls when she was a youngster.  ;)

SmileyRoseFrances x

No comments: