Thursday, November 13, 2014

Day Out At The Duxford Imperial War Museum - Remembrance Sunday

I had the most fabulous day on Remembrance Sunday. The weather was beautiful. There was sunshine all day. I spent much of the day at Duxford Imperial War Museum. There were huge crowds of folk everywhere. I did a lot of walking. I had a great photography day. It's a day I like to get away from it all and just spend my time taking lots of photographs. It's far better going alone so that I can hurry along to where I want to go, and not where anyone else wants me to go! This way I can photograph what I like, when I like. It's nice to have days such as today. It can be quite peaceful and relaxing. 

When I reached Duxford, I parked my car in a large field. I wished I'd made a note of where exactly I parked the vehicle, because on the way back, I couldn't remember where I'd parked. LOL there were hundreds of cars parked in the same field! Thankfully, I managed to find it after careful searching. Phew!
I strolled over the footbridge, towards the Imperial War Museum. I was just in time to watch a few aeroplanes take off/land and a special Memorial marching band.

I decided to start the afternoon by viewing the Warfare Museum, before heading towards the American hanger. I took a number of photographs, nothing unusual for me. It was so enjoyable taking photographs. Later, I took a short break. I found a nice bench in the sunshine overlooking the planes. I treated myself to donuts and a mug of tea. I eventually ended my day at Hanger 1, where the Concorde aircraft was displayed to visitors. It was lovely boarding Concorde and taking a good look inside it. I managed to end my afternoon before it became too dark. Of course it starts getting dark here fairly early these days (at 4pm).

SmileyRoseFrances x





































No comments: