Monday, November 10, 2014

"Interstellar" :)

I have had the most lovely day today. :)  The weather was beautiful. There was sunshine all day.  :) I spent much of the day at Duxford Imperial War Museum. There were huge crowds of folk. :) I did a lot of walking, but I enjoyed every minute of it. It was a photography day. It's a day I like to get away and just spend my time taking lots of photographs.  It's far better going alone so that I can hurry along to where I want to go,  and not where anyone else wants to go! ;)  This way I can photograph what I like, when I like.  It's nice to have days like today.  It can be quite peaceful and relaxing. ;)

When I reached Duxford, I parked my car in a large field.  I wished I'd made a note of where exactly I parked the vehicle, because on the way back, I couldn't remember where I'd parked it! LOL there were hundreds of cars parked in the same field!  Thankfully, I managed to find it after careful searching. Phew! :D

I strolled over the footbridge, towards the Imperial War Museum. I was just in time to watch a few aeroplanes take off/land and a special Memorial marching band.

I decided to start by viewing the Warfare Museum, before I headed towards the American  hanger. I took a number of photographs today, nothing unusual for me. ;) It was so enjoyable taking photographs of it all.  Later, I took a short break. I found a nice bench in the sunshine overlooking the planes. I treated myself to donuts and a mug of tea. :)  I eventually ended my day at Hanger 1, where the Concorde aircraft was displayed to visitors.  It was lovely boarding Concorde and taking a good look inside it.:) I managed to end my afternoon before it became too dark.  Of course it starts getting dark here fairly early these days (at 4pm). :)

After reaching home, I cooked myself dinner, a lovely steak etc. It was a nice treat.:)

I had such a good day, I didn't really want it to end and so I decided to go and watch the film "Interstellar"  at the Showcase cinema. The film starred Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hatheway, Matt Damon and Michael Caine. In fact there was a host of other good actors in the film too.

The film was directed by Christopher Nolan. What can I say?! Films just don't get much better than this one. It gets my top marks as there wasn't anything I didn't enjoy about the film.  It had me gripped to my seat from start to finish!!! :D

I'm not going to be a spoiler here -The story in brief: Humanity is facing extinction. NASA arrange for a group of explorers to go on a space Intersteller voyage, into the unknown. Coop (Cooper), the pilot is faced with a heartrending decision, does he see his children again or does look to saving the future of the human race?  Anyway, I will stop right here as I don't want to spoil it for anyone else.

Hmm wonders if Cooper lives happily ever after with Brand? ;)

It's a fabulous film! Definitely one to watch! :)

SmileyRoseFrances x

No comments: