Monday, November 17, 2014

Tower of London Poppies

I was extremely fortunat to make it to London last Friday, just in time to see  the Tower of London poppies.  The artist is to be commended as the scene was well worth a visit. In fact, after reading the newspaper today, I see that volunteers have completely dismantled the scene of all of the ceremic poppies now.

In total, there were 888,246 hand-made poppies. Each poppy represented the death of a British and Commonwealth soldier during World War One.

I was fortunate to enjoy my day in London and I even managed to take a few photographs on the day. :)


































 






































 




































 



































 











































SmileyRoseFrances x

No comments: