Sunday, January 25, 2015

"American Sniper"

I have had a lovely weekend.  I spent Saturday with my daughter Catherine we had lunch together and then headed off to a nearby pub, for a drink. It was lovely to catch up with her. :)

I later went on a shopping spree. You can't beat a little retail therapy sometimes.... well it certainly made me feel a little better. ;)

Today (Sunday) I took my Mum out shopping and then we had dinner together before I decided to go to the Showcase Cinema to watch 'American Sniper'... a film which was directed by Clint Eastwood and it starred Bradley Cooper and Sienna Miller.

The film was fabulous to say the least.  It was very gripping and it deserves recognition for direction and acting.  Bradley Cooper's portrayal of Chris Kyle was indeed outstanding.  His acting skills just keep getting better!

I loved 'American Sniper' as it was "sympathetic to veterans".....many who lost their lives or  who  still live with the trauma of the war.  Lest We Forget!

The film tells the story of Navy SEAL sniper Chris Kyle who became a legend for his precise and accurate shooting skills.  Not bad for a guy who enjoyed being a cowboy but he felt he had more to offer by wanting to help America, fight terrorism.....and so he joined the SEALs to become a Sniper.

The film showed how Kyle struggled with coming to terms with everyday life with his family, when he was at home and not on a mission.

The film is based on Chris Kyle's autobiography 'American Sniper' and the film is a wonderful tribute to him.

It seems so sad that he went through all of that, only to be killed by a veteran he was trying to help, in his home town! What a sad ending for someone who was considered a hero.

The film is well worth a watch. I loved it. :)

SmileyRoseFrances x

No comments: