Thursday, January 01, 2015

English Is Indeed My First Language! :)

English is indeed my FIRST and ONLY spoken language. I have a UK accent only. My family and I are all British Citizens.....and my skin colouring is indeed brown. LOL my pet Bradley Bunny only understand English too. He's just learned the 'Kiss' command. ;)

Just because someone speaks the English language, it doesn't always mean that English is their first language, particularly when they're at home with their families.

LOL no I have never used any skin lightening creams. I am proud of my colour! It is natural and not a suntan. We have brown and white skin tones in our family tree and I am proud of my language. :)

Due to my skin colouring, folk have often wondered what language I speak when I am at home with my family members and my friends (what is my mother tongue). :) For all of you who are wondering....myself, my children, my parents, my siblings and my grandparents (if they'd have been alive still, they'd probably have been in their 90's today)... they all speak/spoke the English language only. I may look a little foreign, however I do not have a foreign accent (I have a UK accent only) because English is our first language.  My siblings and I did however learn a little French at school, but much of it has been forgotten. It's not a language I've needed to learn because I have spent much of my childhood/adult life only living here in England. I'm unsure if I really want to start learning another language at my age as it's unlikely that I would want to live abroad. :) I have lived abroad previously, but only as a child. We lived abroad during my Father's RAF postings. I was only a child back in those days, therefore I wasn't expected to learn the language greatly during my 3 year duration living in another country with my parents. I only attended an RAF school anyway. :)

LOL England can be a little cold sometimes and It would be great to migrate somewhere nice and warm sometimes, especially during the winter months......however, I would need to live somewhere where there are no language barriers. I would indeed need to learn a language fluently before I would ever decide to live abroad in another country permanently! It is a little different if you are only going to another country temporarily and you do not have plans to live there on a permanent basis, but I could not live abroad in a country if I could not understand the lingo so to speak. ;)

As a child, I was once told to go back to my own country! LOL I would gladly have gone to another country if I only spoke/understood another language....It would have been a little difficult for me otherwise. ;)

So, now you know. That's me in a nutshell :)

SmileyRoseFrances x

Ps

I am definitley a woman and I've never changed my sex. My name is spelt FRANCES...and not with an I :)

No comments: