Friday, February 06, 2015

Calling All Brits!

So funny! Someone told me that I should always remember my roots and where I came from (the country I was born in!).  That's all very well, however I left the country I was born in at the tender age of 5 months old! Neither of my parents ever practised the same religion, nor did they speak the same language as the country I was born in, nor did they celebrate any of the same festivals etc as the country I was born in.

Both of my parents only speak the English language and they celebrated all of the christian festivals, as they do in England! Wonders which roots they would like me to remember!

I think you can be born anywhere in the world, but your background and how you percieve yourself, makes a huge difference. Besides, it says I am British on my passport. I may look a little Spanish, but it doesn't mean that I know how to speak Spanish. I've never been to Spain before. :)

I know folk who say they are British, however they have never contributed to the British tax system, as I have!  I also know folk who say they are British, but they can hardly speak a word of English!

So tell me, who is really British? :)
 
SmileyRoseFrances x

No comments: