Sunday, May 31, 2015

A Great Day In Stamford & "San Andreas" :)

I had a lovely day in Stamford with a friend today. We went to The George Hotel for coffee, before browsing around the shops. We popped to The Cosy Club for a drink. We had a very pleasant shopping trip.

LOL It was a little too breezy for my friend as we walked around the town centre, because the wind kept blowing her dress up, it was almost over her head at one time! Thinks she was doing her Marilyn Monroe impersonation.....haha that's usually my trick! ;) 

On the way back we decided to stop off for a drink at my local, The Green Man at Marholm. We had a very relaxed and fun afternoon. :)

After my friend dropped me off back home,  I made a quick dart to the Showcase cinema. I couldn't wait to go and watch the new disaster movie "San Andreas" .... The film had me gripping to the edge of my seat, from start to finish. It was that good. :)  

A small spoiler:  The film told the story of a family and two brothers and how they try in vain to save each, during the aftermath of a major earthquake disaster in the area of San Francisco.

The film starred  Dwayne Johnson (The Rock), Carla Guigino, Alexadra Daddario, Ioan Gruffudd and watch out for Kylie Minogue, she makes a cameo appearance. If you blink you might miss her though. ;)

I remember when I lived in Stamford a few years ago, there was a mini earthquake/tremor. It frightened the living daylights out of me. I remember tweeting about it, to see if anyone knew what it was. I did not realize at the time that it was a mini earthquake!

Oddly enough, only today, the day after going to watch the film at the cinema, I was sitting at my work station and half way through the morning there was a noise coming from where the building work was taking place, in the close proximity of where I was sitting.  It was quite scary because the building I was working in, began to shake and there was this loud tank sound.  It reminded me of that evening in Stamford when I felt that tremor for real.  I thought we were having another mini earthquake. 

Going back to the film,  it is definitely worth a watch. :)



SmileyRoseFrances x















No comments: