Tuesday, December 15, 2015

I Can Only Speak One Language!

I am not Italian, nor am I Portuguese! I do wish folk would stop confusing me for being either of those nationalities. I may look foreign, however I cannot speak any other languages apart from the English language. I am British and there wasn't a great necessity for me to learn another language when I was younger (I had no plans to live outside an English speaking country, therefore the English language was the only language spoken in my family home. My parents both speak the English language only too.

It is true, we did live abroad with the RAF, however the Royal Air Force had their own English Schools and hospitals for us to attend on the British base. There wasn't a great necessesity for me to learn another language during our tour abroad as we did not plan living there on a permenant basis.

Please remember, the colour of someone's skin does not determine what language they speak or dream in!

I am proud of who I am, as everyone else ought to be proud of who they are too, but I do wish people would stop assuming that I speak another language. :)

SmileyRoseFrances x

No comments: