Wednesday, January 11, 2017

"A Rose By Any Other Name Would Smell As Sweet"

"Tut's" Someone recently asked me the reason why I could not speak any of the languages of the country I was born in. Unfortunately, I cannot speak any of the Indian languages, because neither of my parents speak any of the languages either. I came to live in England when I was 5 months old. My parents only taught me how to speak in English, because that is all they can speak too. English was the language we spoke in our family home.

Then someone asked me the reason why I was a Christian, if i was born in India. It's because both of my parents are Christians. It seemed appropriate that I was brought up with the same religion as both of them.:)

The Indian culture is a lovely culture, however I do not know much about it, due to me being brought up in England. My parents and their ancestors have only ever celebrated Christmas and Easter, as they do in England.

My ethnic background is just British, although my colour skin may make people think differently. ☺

We should all feel proud of who we are. I love the English language and I would hate to see it deteriorate. :(

So there you have it in a nutshell.

SmileyRoseFrances x

No comments: