Sunday, March 05, 2017

Patriots Day


I have just been to watch this film with my daughter Catherine. I cried. It was very good.

Not A Spoiler!

The film told a true life documented story of the explosions during the Boston Marathon on April 15th, 2013. Police Sgt. Tommy Saunders (Mark Wahlberg), FBI Special Agent Richard DesLauriers (Kevin Bacon) and Commissioner Ed Davis (John Goodman) were the courageous survivors, who first responded along with other investigators, in the manhunt to find the two suspects. The film was brilliantly directed by Peter Berg. I don't want to be a spoiler, therefore I will stop here.

Let's take the time to remember all of those victims who have been killed/seriously injured in terrorist attacks throughout the years. My thoughts are with all of the families who all struggle with their daily lives to have to come to terms with such tragedies.

My thoughts are also with all of those people ie., the emergency services, who during such major incidents, they all work hard and they strive to their best in such difficult situations. There are some extremely brave people out there.

During a visit to Nice, France with my daughter Lauren last year, we walked in the area where many were killed during the terrosist attacks, just weeks prior to our visit. We read a number of tributes and memorial cards during a very sombre walk one afternoon. My eyes were filled with tears. I was deeply saddened by what I saw. No words can describe my sadness.

Finally, let's not forget that terrorism kills innocent victims, it is cruel to take the precious lives of innocent people in this manner.


SmileyRoseFrances x

No comments: