Saturday, April 01, 2017

My Father Had A Career In The RAF. So Proud. Lest We Forget.











When I look at photographs such as the one (below), it always makes me feel so proud. My Father was a retired RAF personnel. He did his full service in the Royal Air Force before retiring in the 1980's. His last posting was RAF North Luffenham.

Growing up as a Scale-E Brat meant that I got to tour with my Father. Some of the countries we resided at were quite exotic.

I loved experiencing the different cultures whist we lived abroad. It was a fine way to grow up.

Some of the places my Father was based at, during his RAF career:

Bedford
Grimsby
Singapore
Penang, Mayasia
Netherhaven, Salisbury, Wiltshire
Old Sarum, Salisbury, Wiltshire
Episcopi, Cyprus
North Luffenham, Rutland
Leeming, North Yorkshire
Wyton, Cambridgeshire
North Luffenham, Rutland

RIP Dad. 3rd May 1932 - 28th March 2017



https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Air_Force

http://www.raf.mod.uk/history/historyrafatwar.cfm







After my father retired from the Royal Air Force, he went to work for the Bank of England, London.

SmileyRoseFrances x

No comments: